Community Arts Network (CAN) is seeking Expressions of Interest (EOI) from Aboriginal community members to join CAN’s Aboriginal Advisory Group (AAG).
- The AAG is a key advisory body for CAN. Its purpose is to:
- Facilitate transformational leadership
- Provide CAN with cultural advice and counsel
- Provide guidance on cultural protocols and practices, customs and governance
- Advocate on behalf of CAN
- Assist with project design and delivery
- Advise on appropriate protocols in working within communities and CAN
The following criteria will inform the selection of appropriate members:
- Aboriginal people who are active in supporting their community and interested in language, culture and the arts
- Membership is inclusive of gender to ensure that women’s and men’s business is represented
- Maintaining membership that provides good coverage and knowledge across Noongar Boodja
- Experience or knowledge of CAN’s work is desirable but not essential
The AAG is open to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Hours and Fees
The AAG meets a minimum of every 2 months or as required. Members may be asked to review documents / provide advice in between meetings.
Meeting location: CAN’s office, Kings Street Arts Centre, 357/365 Murray St, Perth, WA, 6000
Time and dates of meetings are mutually agreed by the group. Online participation is welcome.
Approximate monthly commitment: 5 hours.
AAG members will be paid a consultancy fee of $75 per hour. Travel may be provided if required.
CAN’s Strategic Framework on page 2 of EOI
AAG’s Terms of Reference
Interested applicants should write, telling us why you would like to be part of the AAG.
Please send your submission to email@example.com by 5pm on Thursday 29 April 2021.
If you require extra time please contact firstname.lastname@example.org