CAN envisions a future where culture, creativity and the arts are at the core of a just, diverse and resilient society.
CAN is established for the public charitable purposes of advancing this vision by developing community arts and cultural development policy and practice through:
- Community arts productions that have positive social impact on the wellbeing of individuals and communities;
- Skills development, training, experiential learning, and mentoring opportunities for those interested in community arts and cultural development practice; and
- Fostering the growth of community arts and cultural development opportunities with funding and cross sectoral partnerships.
We work with all communities and across all cultures.
Our work is guided by three core values that run deep at CAN. These values ensure our approach to working with communities is consistently focused on realising our vision:
- Respect – we honour the inherent worth of all people, cultures and the environment
- Social justice – everyone deserves the same opportunity to engage, participate and flourish
- Resilience – we foster connectedness for strong, thriving communities