Community Arts Network is Australia’s longest running and leading community arts and cultural development organisation.
Our vision is for a just, diverse and resilient society fuelled by imagination and creativity.
Our purpose is to grow resilient communities through arts and creativity.
Our values are:
RESPECT – We honour the inherent worth of all people, cultures and environment
SOCIAL JUSTICE – We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to engage, participate and flourish
RESILIENCE – we foster connectedness for strong, thriving communities.
CREATIVITY – we create art that inspires the sharing of culture and identity.
CAN transforms communities through:
- Engaging communities and partners in creative projects that lead to arts and cultural outcomes, a range of community development outcomes and positive social impacts
- Delivering accredited and non-accredited training courses designed for a range of people including artists, community development practitioners, local government professionals and the general public
- Facilitating mentoring, networking and hands-on training for artists, community development practitioners and local government professionals
- Distributing and managing funds on behalf of the state government
- Raising the profile of community arts through leading the sector and our active advocacy and community development
The services delivered through these core functions work together to leverage positive outcomes for communities.